COVID-19 Alert Level 2
The Wellington region is at Alert Level 2 from 6pm Wednesday 23 June until 11.59pm Sunday.
What you need to know:
- If you’re sick, stay home. Do not go to work or school. Do not socialise
- If you have cold, flu or COVID-19 symptoms, call your doctor or Healthline on 0800 358 5453 and get advice about being tested.
- If you have been told to self-isolate you legally must do so immediately.
- Testing locations in the region can be found here
- Maintain good hygiene practices
- Keep track of where you've been
- Physical distancing of 2 metres in public and in retail stores, like supermarkets and clothes shops and 1 metre in most other places like workplaces, cafes, restaurants and gyms.
- No more than 100 people at social gatherings, including weddings, birthdays, funerals and tangihanga
For more information on Alert Level 2 visit Alert Level 2 | Unite against COVID-19 (covid19.govt.nz)
The Wellington region is an awesome place to live, but it’s a little wild. We often experience earthquakes, storms, flooding and landslides. We’re also at risk from tsunamis.
These emergencies have similar impacts. It would be hard to get around, hard to communicate with loved ones and hard to get access to the essentials.
We’ve outlined the things you can do to prepare your household and community get through the challenging days safely, and as comfortably as possible.
Tsunami Evacuation Zone Maps
If you feel a long or strong earthquake then immediately get out of all zones. In other cases evacuate the zones you are advised to leave.
Or click below to see the evacuation zones for your area: