COVID-19 Traffic Light Setting: Orange
The Wellington region is in the ORANGE Traffic Light Setting.
At Orange, there will be community transmission of COVID-19, with increasing risks to vulnerable communities, and pressure on the health system. Learn what we all need to do:
How we protect each other
What you need to know about the Orange traffic light setting:
- If you have cold, flu or COVID-19 symptoms, isolate immediately and call your doctor or Healthline on 0800 358 5453 and get advice about getting a test.
Most businesses can open with no restrictions on numbers if they choose to follow My Vaccine Pass requirements, and only allow fully vaccinated people to enter.
If businesses choose not to follow My Vaccine Pass requirements, there will be limits on the number of people who can be in a venue at one time.
- Take your face covering everywhere you go. These are mandatory in most public places and encouraged in others.
- Make sure you have your 'My Vaccine Pass' ready to be checked. Most places will have restrictions in place.
- Keep physically distanced where possible.
- Keep scanning QR codes and recording everywhere you go. This is to ensure contact tracing can happen quickly if needed.
- For an up-to-date list of locations of interest, head to the Ministry of Health website.
- Get vaccinated - Find your closest walk-in vaccination centre or book online here
See all the guidance about the Orange traffic like setting at: Life at Orange | Unite against COVID-19 (covid19.govt.nz)
The Wellington region is an awesome place to live, but it’s a little wild. We often experience earthquakes, storms, flooding and landslides. We’re also at risk from tsunamis.
These emergencies have similar impacts. It would be hard to get around, hard to communicate with loved ones and hard to get access to the essentials.
We’ve outlined the things you can do to prepare your household and community get through the challenging days safely, and as comfortably as possible.
Tsunami Evacuation Zone Maps
If you feel a long or strong earthquake then immediately get out of all zones. In other cases evacuate the zones you are advised to leave.
Or click below to see the evacuation zones for your area: