Alert Level 1
At Alert Level 1 we all need to be ready in case COVID-19 reappears in our community.
What you need to know
- Controls at the borders remain for those entering New Zealand
- Stay home if you're sick
- If you have cold or flu symptoms, get a test
- Maintain good hygiene practices
- Face-coverings help keep you and others safe
- Keep track of where you've been and who you've seen
- Keep your distance while out and about
- If you're having trouble with money, there may be support for you
The Wellington region is an awesome place to live, but it’s a little wild. We often experience earthquakes, storms, flooding and landslides. We’re also at risk from tsunamis.
These emergencies have similar impacts. It would be hard to get around, hard to communicate with loved ones and hard to get access to the essentials.
We’ve outlined the things you can do to prepare your household and community get through the challenging days safely, and as comfortably as possible.
Tsunami Evacuation Zone Maps
If you feel a long or strong earthquake then immediately get out of all zones. In other cases evacuate the zones you are advised to leave.
Or click below to see the evacuation zones for your area: